Nurturing aspirant engineers by inculcating the knowledge of science, engineering and moral values
The mission of the department is to strive for
S – Student Success
C – Critical thinking
I – Inspire learning
E – Enriching knowledge
N – Noble attitude
C – Continual improvement
E – Encouragement by parenting
The department of Engineering Sciences & Humanities was established to cater the needs of the First Year Engineering teaching/learning process. The department comprises of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Civil/Mechanics. Education does not end at any point in our life; it is an ongoing journey to be carried with us everyday throughout our life. A student of any discipline of engineering needs a perfect understanding of basic science, mathematics and some of the core engineering subjects. Therefore, the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer and Electronics engineering are included by the University in the First Year Engineering curriculum. In the department efforts are made to improve the “learning skills” of the students and they are encouraged to develop the curiosity, habit of hard work, punctuality, sincerity, creative thinking and self-learning.
Prominent Features of Department :
- In the department efforts are made to improve the “learning skills” of the students and they are encouraged to develop the curiosity, habit of hard work, punctuality, sincerity, creative thinking and self-learning.
- All the classrooms are specifically built in hexagonal shape to allow a healthy interaction between the students and teacher. The classrooms are equipped with LCD projectors.
- To promote e-leaming activities, we are using the platform of GoogleApps. Here unit-wise notes, assignments, question bank, PPTs and necessary videos are shared by the faculty with our students.
- The Student – Teacher Guardian scheme is implemented to help the students by giving them proper guidance after identifying their problems and areas of need. For a batch of every 20 students, one teacher acts as a friend and guardian.
- Unit tests for every subject are conducted at regular intervals. If a student has failed in any subject, re-tests are conducted and again the performance of student is monitored.
- For the subjects which are having theory as well as on-line examination, mock on-line examinations are organized by the department.